July 24, 2024

Wladimir Klitschko’s $100 million family office invests in disruptive tech while fighting for Ukraine

Wladimir Klitschko family office Wladimir Klitschko family office

Former heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitschko is not only known for his legendary boxing career, but also for his dedication to defending Ukraine from Russia’s invasion.

As he fights on the front lines, his $100 million family office, KLIWLA, continues to operate smoothly in London, led by Kostya Kovalchuk, who cites Warren Buffett, Ray Dalio, and Terry Smith as his biggest influences.

Kovalchuk, who has known the Klitschko brothers for over 25 years, allocates around 35% of KLIWLA’s assets under management to Ukraine, while investing the remaining 65% internationally. The family office’s investments are concentrated in commodities and disruptive technologies, with a focus on “frontier technologies” that are not yet commercialized but could be revolutionary in the long-term.

Related:   Dubai attracts Russians seeking to protect assets amid sanctions

As a value investor, Kovalchuk and Klitschko invest in quality companies that are trading at an attractive price. They also steer clear of hype stories with no path to profitability over the next few years. The family office has previously held gold, silver, and oil positions, and Kovalchuk’s background in oil and gas M&As has informed the portfolio’s focus on commodities.

Despite the family office’s success, Kovalchuk’s long-term priority remains supporting the Ukrainian economy as the war with Russia drags on. KLIWLA’s investments in Ukraine serve as a beacon of hope for the people, as the Klitschko brothers fight on the front lines to defend their homeland.

Related:   US restaurant chain PF Chang's to expand in India

By Adam Schilling

Adam Schilling is a finance reporter at Fund23, with a wealth of experience covering the financial industry. With a passion for uncovering insights and trends that impact the world of finance, Adam is a highly respected journalist with a reputation for delivering accurate and thought-provoking content.

Related Post